"Ethical Investing 101"
Amnesty International Canada - January 22, 2008
Amnesty International Canada is proud to host “Ethical Investing 101”, an educational panel discussion developed to provide tools and information to any investor who wants to ensure their investments make a more positive social and environmental impact. This evening forum will bring together both investors and investment professionals. You will hear from community leaders and individuals with experience discussing the evening's theme.
The highly interactive forum will include presentations and panel experts from:
- Amnesty International Canada
- The Ethical Funds Company
- Inhance Investment Management Inc.
- SHARE (Shareholder Association for Research and Education
- What is “ethical investing” and how can it contribute to positive social and environmental change?
- What are the different types of “ethical” funds?
- What does positive vs. negative screening mean?
- What is shareholder activism?
Time: 6:30 pm – 9:00pm
Location: SFU Harbour Centre – Labatt Hall (Room 1700)
Address: 515 West Hastings Street, Vancouver BC, V6B 5K3
Suggested donation: $10 / $5 Students
Registration required RSVP with name and contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Amnesty International
Share Power is a component of Amnesty International Canada's Business and Human Rights campaign. It harnesses the powerful connection between individuals and companies to advocate for business practices that support the human rights and wellbeing of citizens in the countries in which they operate. For more information on the Amnesty International Share Power campaign, please visit www.amnesty.ca/business
“Ethical Investing 101” is an event open to anyone who values the act of investing in stronger communities!